What is the personality type of Kanye West? Kanye West is an ISFP 4wing5.
The ISFP 4wing5 is heavily introverted, sensitive, practical, idealistic (yes, that too), empathetic, curious, very creative, as well as cerebral. It has a natural affinity for understanding humans, emotions, and intentions.
It can be contradictory, erratic, neurotic, and overly emotional. Unstable. A lot of 4wing5s are bi-polar, which Kanye West is. But he says he only gets the highs, not the lows, in this interview.
The ISFP is practical and sensory-based, while the 4wing5 is idealistic and idea-based. They complement each other in that regard.
ISFP Values and Motivations
How Others See the ISFP
ISFPs aren’t very verbal. They speak with their hands, with their body. Though Kanye West is unusually verbal for an ISFP, and “speaks” with his song lyrics, in an artistic way.
Interesting Facts about ISFPs
- On personality trait measures, score as Easygoing.
- Among types most likely to report heart disease and hypertension.
- In college, likely to report low levels of assertiveness.
- Among the types least likely to stay in college.
- Most likely of all types to report stress associated with finances and children.
- In a national sample, likely to value a work environment which provides security, clear and simple. instructions, and no expectation of extra work hours.
- Underrepresented among MBA students and small business owners.
- Commonly found in occupations in health care, business, and law enforcement.
ISFP Hobbies and Interests
The 4wing5 has a deep setaed fear of “selling out”. Almost a phobia, which can lead them down some pretty dark paths. They put integrity before financial success every day of the week. Kanye West has managed to get both, which is both rare and impressive. Most 4wing5s do not make a living from their artistic ambition.
The 4wing5 is the most creative out of any Enneagram type. But this also creates a very unstable and dynamic personality. 4wing5s often have a bi-polar streak, even if they don’t have a diagnosis. The symptoms might not be strong enough to get a diagnosis, even if examined.
Type Four Overview — The Enneagram Institute
Enneagram Type 4: THE INDIVIDUALIST — Expressive, Dramatic, Self-Absorbed, and Temperamental
Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.
Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance.The Enneagram Institute
Basic Desire: To find themselves and their significance (to create an