What is the personality type of Joe Rogan? Joe Rogan is an INTP 7wing8.
Here we see the INTP described as:
- The Architect
- The Logician
- The Wizard Philosopher
I like the name “The Scientist”, because the INTP is the most scientific out of all 16 Myers-Briggs types, and it is heavily overrepresentated among science professionals. Especially in more theoretical fields, like math and physics.
They are also very common among philosophers, and the vast majority of working authors are INTPs. Probably above 90%. 95-99% — if I absolutely had to guess.
Just for clarification, the “INTP” stands for:
Introverts generate energy when they are by themselves, and lose energy when they are with people. The energy of an Introverts is directed inwards, instead of outwards (of an Extrovert). Introverts like to do one thing at the time, instead of many things simultaneously. Generally, Introverts have more depth, and Extroverts have more breadth. Introverts are serious, long-term thinkers.
Intuitives are much more abstract in their thinking, they are drawn to systems, concepts, patterns, ideas, tendencies — the big picture stuff. Intuitives are self-conscious by nature, and use their internal language engine to translate their thoughts into acceptable speech patterns. Intuitives are much more imaginative, can get lost in thought, and bounce from subject to subject in a conversation. This can be annoying for a level headed Sensor. Sensors stay on one subject until it is done.
Thinkers are good at understanding and manipulating the inanimate world, items, machines, structures, mechanical and mathematical systems (like computer programming). They very often feel like people are too emotional and should think things through with their logical mind. Thinkers are not “sensitive”, and are better at handling confrontations and dealing with disharmony than Feelers. They are seen as “tough”, and “durable”, and sometimes a little dry & boring. Thinkers are less playful and more into long-term planning. Responsibility. Cause-and effect.
Perceivers approach life and a freewheeling, spontaneous way, preferring to keep their options open than make a clear plan of action. They like adapting to new situations and feel frustrated by the daily grind of routines. They feel supressed & limited by overarching structures, regulations, and bureaucracy. On the most basic level, Perceivers get thrills & excitement from exploring the unknown, or the intricate details of reality. They like adventure and improvisation.
- Myers-Briggs Explained (You can learn more about Myers-Briggs here)
- The Enneagram Explained (You can learn more about The Enneagram here)
The INTP Personality Type
INTP Values and Motivations
How Others See the INTP
Interesting Facts about INTPs
- On personality trait measures, score as Candid, Ingenious, Complicated, Independent, and Rebellious.
- More likely than other types to study a foreign language.
- Most frequent type among college students committing alcohol and drug policy violations.
- Have lowest level of coping resources of all the types (with ISTPs).
- One of types least likely to believe in a higher spiritual power.
- Highest of all types in career dissatisfaction (with INFPs).
- In school, have lower grades than would be predicted from aptitude scores.
- More likely than average to complete engineering programs.
- Personal values include Autonomy, Freedom, and Independence.
- Overrepresented among working MBA students.
- Commonly found in science and technical occupations.
Here are two INTPs:
Here are a couple INTJs. The INTP is similar to the INTJ and they are often typed for each other. The INTJ is a little more “direct”, and lacks the soft touch of the artistic INTP. The INTJ is known to be somewhat selfish and non-altruistic, on average.
- Adolf Hitler was an INTJ 3wing4 (very popular page)
- Famous INTJs (Karl Marx, Alex Jones, Steve Jobs, Richard Dawkins)
The 7wing8 is a primary Type 7, with a secondary supporting 8-wing. It is a combination of the Type 7 and the Type 8.
Type 7s are all about laughter, freedom, having fun. Type 8s are about rational thinking, loyalty, controlling the outcome. In many ways, they are opposites of each other.
The 7 is inherently positive and happy-go-lucky, and the 8 is inherently sceptical and angry (these traits fade away at high psychological health). The 7 is emotional and intuitive by nature, and the 8 is logical and factual by nature.
Eddie Bravo pictured above is an INTP 8wing7. Joey Diaz is an ISTJ 8wing7. Brendan Schaub is an INTP 4wing3. Jamie in the background is probably an INTP 9wing1 (not sure though). If you don’t know… now you now!
Eddie Bravo smokes a lot of weed on the show, so for a long time he seemed to mellow for a 8wing7. Thought maybe he’s an 8wing9. But no! It was the weed that slowed him down!
- The Enneagram Explained (click here to read up on each individual type)
This matches Joe really well. He’s a motivational speaker through his podcast and he used to work as a TV Anchor. And he has been the biggest promotor of MMA to the general public.
Want examples of other 7wing8s? Both Jim Carrey and The Rock are 7wing8s.
Here are a couple 8wing7s, which is the INVERSE of the 7wing8. Meaning that their main type and wing is flipped from the 7wing8.